- Electricity: PNM operates a 10MW Solar Farm within Rio Communities city limits. The city is one of 3 cities in New Mexico that produce more electricity than it consumes. They also operate a gas fired electrical sub-station just outside the city limits. They also purchase electric power from a large gas fired private company at a facility just outside the city limits. These power sources gives this area a significant reservoir for future commercial developments in the area.
- Water: Provided locally by private company in city of Rio Communities
- Wastewater Treatment: Provided locally by private company in city of Rio Communities
- Solid waste disposal: Provided locally by 4 private companies.
- Natural gas: Provided by Gas Co of New Mexico in Rio Communities.
- Telecommunications: See Utility grid above.
Rio Communities is working on a LEDA Ordinance. No IRB’s are in use within the city limits of Rio Communities. Rio Communities has an Economic Development Commission (Ordinance # 2015-35), Planning and Zoning Commission (Ordinance #2013-08) and a Comprehensive Plan (Ordinance #2015-40).